After the February Fashionista’s meeting where Andrea (Sew-To-Fit) presented pants fitting, I was motivated again to try some pants! Also the new blog post featuring the Jalie Eleonore pants caught my interest! I ordered the Eleonore pattern and decided to make a pair out of cheap fabric choosing the size recommended per the pattern. It was a full 3 sizes too small in the hips and thighs. Of course, a little big in the waist. However, it seemed to be okay in the crotch. I went up 3 sizes and figured I could just make the elastic waist smaller. Even with the 3 sizes, I still made the hips a little larger. I had some of Roz’s fabric (Charcoal Grey to Cream Stripe) that I had purchased for golf pants and decided to try again. I modified the pattern to add front pockets rather than a mock pocket.
I did a good job of matching the stripes—except the yoke and waistbands. Didn’t enter my mind when cutting. Doesn’t matter as my golf shirts are worn out!