Tuesday, May 28, 2013

 Pattern Review: "The Last of the Lemons" 






Jalie 2919 

Jalie 2919 - Pattern Cover

Jalie 2805

Jalie 2805 - T-Shirt Pattern Cover

I adore this lemon stripe fabric!  Obviously I do, since I must have bought the whole bolt of it! My 11 year of granddaughter has a precious knit summer dress (pictures coming when I catch her!)
and I have this great summer cardigan.  The pattern is Jalie 2919, one of my old stand-bys.  Restaurants here in the summer are notoriously frigid and I often need a jacket.  This should be perfect with white skinny jeans and a tank top.  

The knit was wonderful to sew with.  Because of the stripes, I had to do a single fold which adds a little extra time, but other than that it went together quickly and effortlessly.  I have learned (the hard way) that there are knits and there are knits.  This may have been a bit pricier than some, but it was well worth it.  You get what you pay for!  Great drape and hand!

I had just enough to make this T-shirt, which I'm sure will get loads of wear this summer.   The pattern is another old, TNT Jalie pattern-2805.  A classic T-shirt with cap sleeves and absolutely no gaping at all!  This shirt took less than an hour, from cutting out to finishing, even counting matching the stripes.  

Cissie, this is so weekend glam!!!!!  Thanks for the review!

This knit is sold out, but www.smfabric.com has other options to make your own twin sweater set like Cissie's.  I suggest these knits-  Abacus Print JerseyBlack and White Houndstooth Knit or  Red Plum Tie Dye Knit.

3 comments:

becki-c said...

that is so cute, I love the cardigan.
I agree, cheap knit is totally un-sewable!

becki-c said...

PS. How did you get those pintuck so straight?

Art Attack said...

This is luscious! I love it!