Monday, October 11, 2010

Pattern Review Simplicity 2406 view B




Black Stripe Shirting
59"
100% Cotton
$11.00

Prewash: Cold water/perma press; Dry on perma press cycle

Notions: black rayon lining, thread, 1 button from my button jar

Alterations: This dress is a basic rectangle so not much fitting is involved.  I did need to do a small FBA by adding 1/2" to the width and 1" to the length.

Construction Details: The instructions are good but pay attention to how the sleeves are put together.  
I did make a few changes.
 I cut the dress on the cross grain so the stripes would be vertical.
I shortened the back slit to 7".

I added a lining. The lining doubled as interfacing for the neck facings.

I trimmed 1/8" from the hem of the lining.  This causes the lining to roll to the inside.

Other Details:
I didn't make the fabric belt.
Pockets

Hem




Conclusion: This is an easy to sew and easy to fit dress.  The sleeves are the details that add that "punch of style!"  This would look great in this knit.

4 comments:

FABRIHOLIC said...

Simply MAAARVELEOUS!!!!

Adrienne said...

Beautiful! I love it!

Roz said...

Thanks Ladies!

Sassy T said...

Just bought this pattern. Nice dress. https://www.facebook.com/SassySewingBees