Thursday, September 16, 2010

Pattern Review Burda Style 3/2010 #107
"The Cocktail Version"

Line Drawing

Dupioni-Mint Green
45"
100% Silk 
$15.00

Since this pattern was altered and ready to go, I made it again to wear to a mid-August wedding.  The alteration and construction details are here.  A few changes were made because of the dupioni.

1) I didn't prewash-I will dry clean.
2) I underlined the entire dress with voile.

3) The bodice is self-lined and rayon lining for the skirt.

4) I used a tuck as a design detail by adding 3/4" to the width of the straps.

It's great to have a pattern that is ready to cut and sew!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Roz - love the dress! It looks great as usual! Ronnie

Adrienne said...

Very pretty! I love that color!

Roz said...

Thanks ladies! Adrienne, LOVE your new pic!!!!