Sunday, January 18, 2009


Back View

Line Drawing
2 dots=easy to sew, but more time consuming

Magazine Pic
Fabric
60"
55% Cotton 45% Rayon Tweed
(sold out)

Prewash: Dry Clean

Notions: universal needle size 12, thread, Fusi Knit interfacing, Bemberg lining, stay tape, 9" invisible zipper, fray check

Alterations: There are two lengths for this skirt-view A is 23" and view B is 21 1/4. I used view A and shortened it 1/2".
Construction Details: There is nothing difficult about this skirt, but I would like to mention two things. First, because of my choice of fabric, I needed to stabilize the hip and thigh area to prevent any "stretching out". I used Fusi Knit from the waist to about 5" above the knee.

I also used a small square of Fusi Knit to stabilize the "godet" area of the skirt where it is clipped.
I applied Fray Check to the clipped area to stop any raveling. The rest is quick and easy sewing.

Conclusion: This is such a easy project I would recommend it to a first time BWOF user. I would also recommend wool crepe, washed linen or a light weight denim for this pattern.

No comments: