Saturday, February 02, 2008


Fabric: 55"
100% Rayon georgette
was 16.00 now 8.00

Prewash: I prewashed on the gentle cycle with cold water and dried on perma-press. I started with 2 1/4 yards and it shrunk 6" in length and 3" in width.

Notions: thread, so sheer interfacing, covered buttons

Alterations: I did a FBA of 1 3/8" which created a dart and added 1 1/8" to the lower edge.
I dropped down one size for the upper back.

Construction Details: As sheer fabrics go, georgette is easy to sew. The crepe surface gives the fabric "tooth" so there is minimal slippage. I laid the pattern out on the single fold to match the print. The edges were serged and pressed to one side.

The selvage edge was used for "stay tape" at the shoulder.

I covered the buttons to match the print or solid areas of the blouse.

Finished blouse


Conclusion: This is a good style for full busted women. The empire style gives definition to the smaller areas of your torso. This pattern would also be great in a solid color using trim to highlight the seaming.

No comments: